Monday, March 3, 2014

Honey Peanut Bar Cookies (:

Honey-Peanut Bar Cookies 

  • 1/4 c. Sugar
  • 1/4 c. Honey
  • 1/4 c. Peanut Butter
  • 1 1/2 c. Cheerios 
  • 1/4 c. Salted Peanuts 
In a small heavy sauce pan, combine the sugar & honey. Cook & stir this mixture, over medium heat, until the sugar is dissolved.

Remove the syrup mixture from heat & stir in the peanut butter, mixing thoroughly. 


Once completely combined, add in the Cheerios & peanuts. Stir, stir, stir!

Once mixed, spread into a 8x4 loaf pan, coated with cooking spray. 

Then just cover the bars & chill for 1 hour.

Should make 6 bars. Or 2 biggins. Whatever works. 

{PS} Please forgive me for my awful looking polish.. I promise, I usually don't let it get that bad!

As crazy as is sounds, we had below zero temperatures & snow for the last couple of days, & now, the sun is shining bright with a temperature of 57! :D

Bring on the mud y'all! Happy Monday!

-J

12 comments:

  1. yummy! I might try these for my horses! Yeah, Sunday was -25 and tomorrow it's supposed to be 40 degrees!!! That probably means I'm going riding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for sunshine & horses! ❤️

      Delete
  2. Those look really tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! If you try them, be sure to let me know what you think!

      Delete
    2. I remembered that my horse is a picky eater. So it looks like I won't be trying them. =(
      The only thing he likes, (literally only thing) is carrots and peppermint treats. Otherwise he would be quite spoiled! haha =)

      Delete
    3. I haven't ever tried to feed them to horses! The recipe is actually supposed to be for people. ;)

      Delete
    4. Oh ok! haha! =) Oops! I thought they were for people but then I saw what Ashley had said and saw the name of then, and was like, "oh, they're not for people!"

      I originally thought they were for people, and they looked quite tasty! =)
      Maybe I'll give them a try now!

      Delete
    5. Haha! Okay, sounds good! I hope you you like them! :)

      Delete
  3. I made them, and they are so good!! Thanks again for sharing the recipe! Did you make the recipe up?
    I can see how they would be a nice, feeding snack ;) and would give you a great boost of energy!
    It's definitely a keeper! Very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good I am so glad you like them!!

      No, I did not make them up. My mom made them first; I am not sure were she got the recipe.

      Thanks so much for stopping by Malory! I am glad you found a new feeding-cookie. ;) hehe

      Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  4. Love your blog Josie! I will have to check it out more often. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well thank you! I have told my mom many times that I think YOU would be an awesome blogger! I know I would definitely read about all of your ranch-wife-mother-teacher happenings. (:

    ReplyDelete