Sunday, January 26, 2014

Will you live out your destiny or settle for fate?

What are you passionate about? What makes you "tick"? What makes you roll out of bed in the morning & tell the world to bring it?

"The things that you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling."
— Fabienne Fredrickson

 


So let's talk about fate. Usually, the only time we here of fate is in cheesy chick flicks when the hallmark-guy asks the lovesick girl if she believes in "fate" {implying that he loves her} surely she says yes & then they kiss, fall in love, & live happily ever after. Seriously..? My sister & I truly believe that we could write better chick flicks than half of the ones that make it on TV. & that's pretty sad.

But anyway!

I have never liked the word "fate". I couldn't tell you why. It just seemed a little too "blahhh" when talking about the reason I was put on this Earth. Now I know why!

In The Prophet's Dictionary, by Paula A. Price, it states fate as;
• The alternative to one's Creator destiny where sentiment overcomes the will & compels a life course of convenience rather than what comes out of one's inner being. Fate is the alternative for all of those who reject their Maker's call on their lives, for it is the only call that has a designed blueprint for one's life. Fate us the result of rejected or neglected destiny. •

I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely DO NOT want fate!

Another word used to describe our purpose is, destiny.

The Prophet's Dictionary states destiny as;
• A term that basically refers to the ultimate end or final outcome of a person's or country's existence. Destiny includes the person whose end is meant and their posterity as heirs of that destiny once fulfilled, or lost if left unfulfilled. See Lamentations 1:9; Revelation 
2:26. Destiny is more than what one does to get through life. It includes the final destination for that life as a result of their pursuit or rejection of the destiny devised for them by their Maker.

Destiny fulfillment relies on more than the performance if one's call. It's success depends on equipment, training, & skills the person must identify, acquire, & refine to excel in what they were born to do. Destiny usually evidences itself by what a person not only does well but thrives on doing. It exceeds hobby by being the only solace, gratification, or enthusiasm a person receives or has for anything. What one is made to do is what gives value, merit, & meaning to their life. The destiny becomes a refuge & an outlet at the same time.

The Bible links destiny without fail to prophecy, that is, the word of the Lord, which a person is predestined to live up to & pursue as his or her appointed destiny. All people born on the planet have a destiny that their choices & circumstances eventually reveals to them. Whether they answer its call is dependent upon their determination to explore & make the right choices. The alternative to one's destiny is fate, that is, living life come what may & settling for what happens or is forced upon one by circumstances.
Ephesians 1:5 {..having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will..}
Ephesians 
1:11 {In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will.} •

God promises that He has a set plan & purpose for every one of us. Plans to prosper & not to harm us! To give us a hope & a future. & that if God is for us {which He is!} who can be against us?
--» Can I get an Amen!?

I stand on the HOPE {which is the positive expectancy of good} that Jesus Christ will empower me to fulfill my DESTINY! My FULL potential!

So for love of life {PLEASE!} live out YOUR DESTINY! Do not be conformed by the world & their ideals of who & what you should be! Live fearlessly! Take chances! Get uncomfortable, because that's how you grow as an individual. No matter the area in life, NEVER settle! You are worth more than gold, so don't you dare sell yourself short! Honestly, the biggest mistake you could ever make in life is being afraid to make one. Decide what you want & go get it!


"Be daring. Be different. Be impractical. Be anything that will assert integrity of purpose & imaginative vision against the play-it-safers. The creatures of the commonplace. The slaves of the ordinary." 
— Cecil Seaton
 
I few months ago I was laying in bed bawling my eyeballs out & praying to God that I had no idea what I was supposed to do with myself {concerning college and such}. I was telling God that HE KNEW what I wanted, what my dreams were, & what makes me happy! Apparently I talk too much, because right in the middle of my little mess, God clearly spoke {basically interrupted} to my heart;
 
"Fear not for I am your God! I will never leave you or forsake you! I will strengthen you & help you! I will uphold you with My righteous right hand!"
 
Of course this made me cry even harder, but I knew that everything was going to be okay. HE was going to guide me. Everyday. Everywhere. In every way. 
 
So whatever is good for your soul - do that. Life is entirely too short not to be happy, happy, happy, every single day of this glorious blessing called, life.

Have a fabulous Sunday & stay warm!
The wind is howling, temperatures are dropping, & snow is starting to fly here.

Xo — J

No comments:

Post a Comment