Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lessons & Discoveries of 2013

Hey all! I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have been busy, busy!


My mom had to have surgery earlier this month, so my sister, K, & I have been pulling double duty with feeding cows & horses, chopping ice, cooking, cleaning, school, & if we have time, riding. So I recognize I should've posted this at the beginning of the year, but it just didn't get done! 
 
SO without further ado,
 
These are my personal great discoveries & things that I've tried {that are now favorites} of 2013:
 
•Matte nail polish 
•Cattlemen's Cafe in Oklahoma City 
•Aussie Sprunch hairspray 
•10 year old green broke stud 
•Absolute insane cardio & really great weight lifting
•ROUGHSTOCK {by Panhandle Slim} long sleeve button up shirts--> panhandleslim.com
•Kacy Musgraves
•Coconut oil
•Tom Balding jewelry--> tombalding.com 
•Puréed asparagus before breakfast. Not really a "favorite" but it's just something I do. It's kinda nasty, I know, but it detoxifies! I will blog about this at a later date.
•Toasted Southern Pecan Coffee Beans
•Shotgun chaps 
•Trucker caps {instead of regular ball caps.. yes, silly, but it really took some bravery on my part lol..}
•Down comforters
•Bass Pro Shops
•A hot pink & a bright yellow silk scarf. Basically the only pink and yellow things I own, but I wear them constantly! 
•Baby Lips by Maybelline *Peach Kiss*
•Boggs
•Woolrich - anything!
•Smith & Wesson MP Shield 9mm 
•Life-proof iPhone cases.. No explanation needed..
•5 Star Saddle Pads--> 5starequineproducts.com
•My big mason jar mug 
•Joseph Prince's book, Provision Promises--> josephprince.org 


In 2013 I have learned:
 
•Life is much easier when I stay organized.. {still working on this}
•It is okay to wear nice clothes & make up while at home.
•Whatever I'm into, be the most positive, energetic, enthusiast I know. 
•The benefit of equine massage & the importance of saddle fit. Seems like a no brainer, but I really learned my lesson this last summer. 
•Chill out. I am way too blessed to be stressed. 
•I'm not defined by a college degree.
•If I'm going to be weird, I might as well be confident about it. 
•My sister is probably the greatest friend I will ever have. 
•I purely, whole heartily, just love riding horses. 
•Boys are turds. Don't waist your time {sorry mothers..}. I am young, wild, & free. Okay maybe not so much wild. But still. 
•Put. The. Phone. Down. The world will not end. 
•The sense of pride you get from doing a job, correctly, efficiently, & with a good attitude, is rare. Don't ever let it go. Always go above and beyond. 
 

Always remember to do your thing. Do it unapologetically. Don't be discouraged by criticism. You probably already know what they are going to say. Pay no mind to the fear of failure. Take ownership. Take chances. Have fun. And no matter what, don't ever stop doing your thing! Enjoy every moment of this precious life!


Happy Sunday!
-J

4 comments:

  1. We went to Cattleman's Cafe when we were on our vacation in 2012 - they had the very best burgers ever! I also discovered Kacey Musgraves - love her, and the Maybelline baby lips! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We even ate there twice in one day! Beef is just good for the soul! :) Now, I am always in the mood for a Cattlemen's steak!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I'm not the only one late on my post:D Enjoyed it! I hope your mom is recovering. That's an awesome picture of Kate. My favorite pose:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know! I thought I better get it done before February is here! ;)

      My mom is indeed getting better. She has started doing little jobs around the house & went out to feed her ponies yesterday {which definitely made her feel better}!

      I really like the picture of K too! She always looks so cute & punchy!

      Delete