Friday, December 27, 2013

HoHoHo!

Hoping everyone had a very Merry Christmas! 

Christmas Eve my sissie and I unloaded 2 ton of salt for the mama cows; while my mom fed & chopped ice, & my dad loaded & unloaded a pickup full of coal - for our coal stove in the house.


Then we were off to my grandparents' house for a great Christmas dinner surrounding by family. 

We always open presents on Christmas Eve & then get up in the morning to do stocking stuffers while we eat sausage-cheese balls & egg nog. & cookies. Hehe. But the older I get, the more I realize I care more about who's sitting around the tree rather than what's under it. 

On Christmas Day, after feeding & such, we spent the rest of the day laying around & napping. I don't know if anyone noticed, but there was a Duck Dynasty &&&&&& a John Wayne marathon airing over Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. There is still hope for America people!  

Yesterday, K & I were back to school.. I just keep telling myself to get it done now, so when it turns nice I can be enjoying myself outside! 

Wishing everyone a happy, happy, happy new year! May 2014 be more magnificent than you could ever imagine! & remember that Jesus is the reason for every season!

-J

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Josie! I had heard about the Duck Dynasty, but we didn't watch it:-( Hope you have a wonderful new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ended up watching John Wayne instead of Duck Dynasty.. (: Long live the Duke!

      Happy New Year to you & your family, Ashley!

      Delete
  2. I just came across your blog and love it! Your hat in the pictures above is so cute. Sounds like a great Christmas to me. We live on a ranch in the Texas panhandle and have to travel 6 hours to see our family. This past Christmas a crazy snow storm hit the morning we were leaving and I cried in fear that we wouldn't make it down to see them. Luckily we did and enjoyed the holiday with them. We were all gathered around my grandmas living room watching the duck dynasty marathon. Have a great new year!

    http://princessofthepanhandle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoy it!

      I am glad that you were able to make it down to see your family! Sounds like a good time! (:

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Sweet! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of the cattle at the round bale feeder a couple of posts back. Very different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I don't even know how I stumbled on your blog this afternoon but have had a great time peeking through your posts. You have such stunning photography & have a super authentic way of showing us a glimpse of your life - it boils down to - you seem so sincere!

    I love your hat in this picture -- do you remember where you got it or have a link where I could find one online? We are up here in freezing cold Alberta and that hat looks so cute - I'd love to find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Cheyenne! I'm so glad you stumbled on me. (:

      I don't know how cute scotch caps are, but they are sure practical! Both of them in this post are a brand called CROWN CAP out of Winnipeg, Canada. There are endless options at crowncap.com

      Stay warm! (:

      Delete