Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Winter Ride





















The short ride was bitter-sweet,
Needed the time, but I froze my feet.

Bundled from ear to ear,
In my very best & warmest gear.

My fingers tingle, for we're startin' out slow,
But we need to hurry before we see snow.

 
His long winter hair is soft & warm,
Even as colts, I don't know how they last through the storm.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






When my butt hits the cold, hard saddle,
I've already won half of the battle.

The harsh wind makes my eyes cry,
But I love my life, not gonna lie.

The summer heat will soon be here,
But I wouldn't trade this winter ride for a lighthouse & chandelier.

I'll soon be warm inside,
It's just how bad you want to ride.

-J

1 comment:

  1. I love winter rides and your pictures capture it perfectly! Like you said, the hardest part is just deciding to DO IT! And then hoping your horse isn't too fresh from sitting all winter!

    I just found your blog and LOVE it!! We seem to be a lot alike!
    Check my blog out at olivia-horselovngirl.blogspot.com(just to warn you, it gets pretty crazy sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete