Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cattle Drive Stew & Cornbread!

This is one of our newest crock pot favorites. My dad really likes it! The crock pot is awesome, because we can throw some food in that baby, put the lid on, go outside to work, come back in & have a hot meal. The cornbread is killer as well.. Way good! 



Cattle Drive Stew *Slow Cooker
  • 1/2 lb. stew beef (can also use part of a roast & cook the rest of the roast a day or 2 later. The "killin' 2 birds with 1 stone" philosophy.)
  • 16 oz. package Kielbasa sausage, sliced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 potatoes, peeled & chopped
  • 28 oz. can baked beans
HINT - Coat the crock pot with cooking spray! It will make your life so much easier.

Arrange all ingredients in a slow cooker, in the order shown above.

 
I had no idea was Kielbasa sausage was, so I thought I would include a picture just in case you all didn't know what to look for either.

Everyone now; When I say "Hillshire", you say "Farm"!
Hillshire!
Farm!
Go Meat!


Cover & cook on high setting for 4 hours, or on low setting for 8 hours.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.




Cornbread
  • 1 box Jiffy yellow cake mix
  • 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 3 T. oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 c. milk

Combine all ingredients together, mixing well.

Bake in a greased 9X12" cake pan at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Look what Dad brought home! Kind of had to cheat & have dessert first... (:

Okay, is it dinner or supper? We always say supper. What do you & your family say?

All rainy here! I am so ready for some.. WARM weather! Although, we really do need the rain. Big time.

We are still calving.. babies, babies everywhere! Why does it seem they like to wait until the middle of the night to have calves?!? My parentals are beginning to get a little *cough* cranky.. ready to be done! I don't blame them though.. they have been really tired.

Tomorrow is my "Sweet 16"! Whoop-dee-do-da-day! I shall see what the day brings :))

Have a great weekend!
-J

5 comments:

  1. Once again another great looking recipe! Another one to write down and try!

    I have a question - getting the stuff to make the skillet chicken recipe (with the green enchilda sauce) and I wanted to ask what the spicy level was? The hubs doesn't tolerate spice weill - I am slowly breaking him into that with things that have more "heat" than spice.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not very spicy, at all. I think you'll be good :) It mostly depends on what kind of enchilada sauce you chose to buy & how "hot" that is.

      Delete
  2. Hey! Thanks for stoppin' by my blog!

    You've got a great blog goin' here...good job. Mighty tasty lookin' recipes...and this one I've got to try...including the cornbread.

    Happy B-day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds absolutely delish! Your blog rocks :)

    ~ Kimberley

    ReplyDelete