Friday, April 13, 2012

Facin' The Fear

2012 Heifer #9 is goin' down in my record books.

For a good 45 minutes, all you could see were feet. She was dang sure going to need some help.

I didn't want to do it, 'cause I was honestly quite scared, but my dad talked me into it anyway... 

Thank God that the calf was coming right, because he was a biggin'. Dad was there, showing me how, every step of the way. Leaning his fatherly understanding, that only he can give.

& I did it!

It felt good to hear the baby start to breathe & the mama moo. You know you've helped life enter this world.

Now, according to my dad I can officially say that I am a real cowgirl.
Hey, I've pulled my first calf! I think I'll name him, Franklin.

It wasn't as bad as it sounds & I'm definitely glad that I did it. All I can say, is that he better not kick me when branding comes around.. otherwise his name might change, reeeal quick...

No comments:

Post a Comment